About mr sci. med. dr Gordana Suvajac
Mr sci.med. Dr. Gordana Suvajac, Medical Director of Profesional Hospital, has over 30 years of experience as a specialist in ophthalmology. He is one of the pioneers of contactology in Serbia and one of the most experienced refractive surgeons in the region. Born in Belgrade, where she graduated from the Faculty of Medicine and specialization in ophthalmology. After completing her specialization, she worked as an ophthalmologist at the Institute for Health Protection in Durmitor Street. She opened her private eye surgery Optik professional in 1994 in New Belgrade as the first ophthalmologist in Serbia to resign from the civil service in order to fully devote herself to private practice and professional development.
Since the establishment of the Profesional Eye Hospital in 2009, he has been the Medical Director.
She attended a six-month training in strabology with Professor Branko Stankov at the KCS Institute for Ocular Diseases, as well as multiple contact lens training. She had many years of training in the field of diabetic retinopathy and laser eye surgery with Professor Dr. Svetislav Milenkovic, Head of the Diabetes and Vascular Diseases Department of the KCS Institute for Ocular Diseases. She received her master's degree in 2005 from the Faculty of Medicine in Belgrade on a thesis in contact lenses and was among the founders of the Association of Contactologists of Serbia where she is now a member of the Scientific Committee. Refractive surgery (laser diopter removal) began working in India in 2008 with Professor Amar Agarwal, one of the world's leading eye surgeons. He regularly attends congresses where he exhibits professional work both at home and abroad.
Memberships in professional organizations :
- Member of ESRCS - European Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Member of ISRS - International Association of Refractive Surgeons
- member of ECLSO - European Association of Ophthalmologists Contact
- member and one of the founders of the Society of Ophthalmologists of Serbia
- member of the Association of Ophthalmologists of Serbia
- Retinal vascular occlusions resulting from antiphospholipid syndrome, G. Suvajac, Lecture within Continuing Education, Belgrade, 2010.
- Effect of grid laser photocoagulation in diffuse diabetic maculopathy correlated with HbA1C , T. Samardcic, G. Suvajac, S. Milenkovic, M. Mandic: National Congress of Ophthalmologists of Serbia with international participation, Subotica 2010.
- The most common reasons for switching from soft contact lenses to RGP contact lenses, G. Suvajac-predavač po pozivu, 6th Congress of the Croatian Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Correction of presbyopia with RGP multifocal contact lens, G. Suvajac, M. Markovic, O. Bojovic, r. Piljak, M. Mandic, Z. Jojic, National Congress of Serbia with International Participation, Subotica, 2010
- Visual field changes in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus induced by therapy, G.Suvajac, Lj. Stojanovic, O. Bojovic: The First Congress of Private Medical Practice of Serbia, Belgrade, 2009
- DILEMMA: Glasses, Contact Lenses, or Refractive Surgery, G. Suvajac: The First Congress of Private Medical Practice of Serbia, Belgrade, 2009
- Accomodation and convergence paralysis caused by botulinum toxin-case report, G. Suvajac, R. Piljak, M. Mandic: First Congress of Private Medical Practice of Serbia, Belgrade, 2009
- Eye optics and materials in contact lens production , G. Suvajac: Lecturer in Continuing Education in Contactology, 2008
- The Impact of Applied Therapy on Changes in CVP in Patients with SEL, G. Suvajac: National Congress of Ophthalmologists of Serbia with International Participation, Zlatibor 2008.
- Soft contact lenses-induced complications, G.Suvajac, Military Medical Review (2008), 65 (1): 15-20
- The most common reasons for switching from soft contact lenses to RGP contact lenses, G.Suvajac; 38 th ESCO , Litvania 2008.
- Ocular manifestations in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus, G. Suvajac, Lj. Stojanović: 8th international congress of the antiphospholipid syndrome, 2007, Šangaj
- Ocular manifestations in antiphospholipid syndrome, G. Suvajac, Lj. Stojanovic, S. Milenkovic: 12th International Congress of Antiphospholipid Antibodies, Florence 2007.
- Glaucoma and myopia juvenilae , G . Suvajac ; 37th ESCO, Antwerp 2007.
- Ocular manifestations in antiphospholipid syndrome, G. Suvajac, Lj. Stojanovic, S. Milenkovic: Autoimmunity Reviews (2007), 6 (6), pp. 409-414g. Suvajac, Lj. Stojanovic
- Correction of the high myopic and mixtic astigmatism with RGP toric and soft toric contact lenses, G.Suvajac, Nada Čivčić; XIII Congress of the Europen Society of Ophthalmology, Istanbul, 2002
- Quality and quantity of tear film during long wearing contact lenses, G. Suvajac, M. Milutinović, M. Malović, Lj. Lasić; National Congress of Serbia and Montenegro, 2000.
- Correction of astigmatism greater than 1 D with a soft toric lens, G. Suvajac, N. Čivčić: Congress of Ophthalmologists of Serbia and Montenegro, Novi Sad, 1996.